Archive of Gina Blitstein
- Distributed Teams Can be a Dream
Distributed teams allow you to hire the best without dealing with relocation concerns. Here are some considerations to help you manage their potential for highly effective collaborations.... more
- Recognizing, Dealing With - and Avoiding - Employee Burnout
Employee burnout is preventable if you have structures in place for your employees. Here are some ideas for helping your employees.... more
- Authentic Marketing 101
You don’t have to feel pushy or salesy when you adopt an authentic marketing state of mind.Serve your customers.... more
- How Your Business Can Ensure it’s Providing Equal Pay for Women
How do you ensure that women in your employ are fairly and equally compensated for the work they do? Here are some ideas to consider.... more
- Job Candidate Care
When it’s time to hire a new employee, going the extra mile to make applicants feel comfortable, confident and cared for will reflect well on your business as a great place to build a career.... more
- New Digs Can Revitalize Your Business
Is it time for your business to move into a new space? There are many items to consider but, the benefit of moving may be the right move for you.... more
- A New Career Trajectory Can Revitalize An Unsatisfactory Professional Life
A career change, even when you are a seasoned professional is certainly possible and can hold many new and exciting challenges while still utilizing many of your skills and talents.... more
- Smart Implementation of Instagram for Marketing Your Small Business
Instagram can visually tell your business story and grow a loyal and engaged community. Improve the effectiveness of your marketing with these best practices.... more
- Attracting Quality Employees During a Labor Shortage
Is the labor shortage causing you problems? Here are some measures you can take to find and attract high-quality talent.... more
- Risky Business: Managing and Minimizing Risk in Your Business
Having a risk-assessment mindset built into you overall business plan will help you not fear the worst. Here are some tips for preparing for such risks.... more
- Workplace Morale: Setting and Maintaining a Motivational Tone
An important indicator of the health of your company is workplace morale. Are you making morale a priority? Here are some ideas.... more
- Is Franchising Your Business a Path to the Growth of Your...
Franchising your business could be a route toward the bigger business of your dreams? Let’s examine what may - or may not - be in it for you.... more
- New Year, New ‘Tude! 5 Suggestions For a Less-Stressful Year Ahead
Don’t take on more stress than you already have. Here are some suggestions for recognizing the stress you may have normalized. Be on a less-stress path for the new year.... more
- COVID Year 2 - The Inconvenient, the Pivots and the Surprises:...
It has almost been two years since the pandemic changed the way we do business. We’ve learned a lot, and - hopefully - found smarter, ways to run a business.... more
- Prudent Packaging Propels Profits
Does your product packaging make a positive impression on your customers? Let your packaging make a statement about your company.... more
- Combatting the Supply Chain Blues
Small businesses may think they are behind the big companies when supply chain problems happen. You are more agile than the big companies. Building contingencies in your supply chain will keep your business running.... more
- Business Owners! The Qualities You Seek May Be Closer Than You...
Recognize and mine your overlooked skills so you can confidently take on new directions... more
- Reframing the Employer/Former Employee Relationship for Mutual Benefit
Harness the power of former employees to create ambassadors and colleagues. Losing an employee doesn’t need to be viewed as a personal afront.... more
- Habits of Highly Effective Leaders - How Do Yours Stack Up?
Could your leadership skills use a little supercharging? Learn what traits highly effective leaders have.... more
- What Makes a Meeting Valuable?
Meetings can’t be avoided but, are they useful to your employees? Here are some tips for improving your meetings to ensure that your employees and you are satisfied with the time taken to attend them... more
- Helping Employees Suffering with Chronic Illness
Chronic illness can happen to anyone. Addressing the needs of employees with chronic illnesses shows that you value the people who work for you.... more
- Taking the Leap: Deciding to Hire a Business Manager and Feeling...
As your business grows, the responsibility and tasks you take on can be overwhelming. Know when it might be time to bring in a business manager. Here are some ideas to help you.... more
- Selling Your Business for Lower Stress and Higher Profit
If you’re planning to sell your business, these tips will help smooth out the process and maximize your profit.... more
- Buying a Business to Expand Your Existing Business
There is a lot to consider when buying a business to grow your existing business. It is not a straightforward plan. Here are some ideas to help you do your due diligence.... more
- What You Can - and Can’t - Do If Your Employees...
Prepare yourself with this helpful information and guidance should your employees want to unionize.... more
- Encouraging Your Employees to Receive COVID-19 Vaccinations
According to the CDC, “Decisions regarding immunization at private workplaces are up to the employer.” Will you encourage your employees to receive the vaccine?... more
- Casual Everyday? Business Norms Adopt a More Casual Vibe Post-COVID-19
Will your business return to the old normal or, will you be adopting some of the positive benefits of working in the new normal?... more
- Avoiding Culture Clash - Ushering in a New Employee from a...
Free Guide to Building Workplace Culture... more
- Leveraging Consumers’ Post-COVID-19 Spending Habits
Because of the pandemic we have been provided conveniences we did not image. When this pandemic is over consumers will continue to expect those convenience.... more
- It’s Your Business: Is it a Good Idea to Bring the...
The familial knowledge works like a shorthand to bring employer and employee to a mutual understanding of what is important, what is to be done.... more
- Women Reentering the Workforce Make Valuable New Hires
The most suitable applicant with relevant education, adequate experience who is not too young nor too old with a consistent employment history.... more
- How Much Pain Would a Workplace Injury Cause Your Business?
Is your business prepared to handle an on-the-job injury? You can’t totally ensure that accidents will not happen but, having a plan in place can help.... more
- Growing Your Customer Base Organically
Marketing your business organically can feel less like advertising and more like building your professional network. Here are some tips for growing your base.... more
- The Self-Managing Solopreneur
Managers wield considerable power in the workplace.... more
- Avoid Being a “Pushy Salesperson” by Stressing The Value of Your...
There are many layers to the skill set required to be a successful entrepreneur.... more
- #MeToo in Your Workplace
What steps have you taken in your workplace to ensure that sexual harassment is not tolerated? This article describes some of the actions taken by businesses.... more
- What Can You Do If a Customer Refuses to Comply With...
Running a business got a whole lot more complicated once COVID-19 descended upon us.... more
- Starting a New Business During COVID-19
Are you willing to start a business during the pandemic? It could be a great time or a bad time! This article will provide you with some points to consider.... more
- A Very COVID Christmas
What is your business doing differently this Holiday Season? Here are some ideas to keep it upbeat during the uncertain times.... more
- Encouraging Civil Political Discourse in the Workplace
Political discussion occurs in the workplace. You will want to create an expectation of civility with a plan of action to implement and enforce. Here are some tips for doing that.... more
- Entrepreneurial Heroes: How The SBA Supports Veterans in Business
The SBA stands strong behind our military veterans. Learn what programs are available to vets and their families.... more
- Relevant, Fresh and Authentic Social Media Keeps Your Audience Engaged
Engaging you clients with social media takes only time. Make the most of this powerful tool by keeping your interactions relevant, fresh and authentic. Here are some tips for doing just that.... more
- Ecological Responsibility: Another Way to Keep Your Business Operating in the...
Businesses are becoming “eco-friendly. Customers look favorably on that. Here are some “green” ways to run your business and let your customers know you are acting on this important cause.... more
- Convenient, Affordable Shipping for Your Small Business
Does your business require you to ship your product to your customer? How you package and ship your product is important. Here are some tips to help you save money and satisfy your clients.... more
- Who’s Stealing From Your Business and How Are They Getting Away...
There are many ways in which a customer or employee can steal from your business. Here are some tips to help you thwart these activities.... more
- COVID-19 A Rare Opportunity to Assess Your Employees and How You...
The pandemic has brought about adjustments to business practices. What have you learned regarding your employee performance during this time? What practices will you keep after the crisis?... more
- Lessons from COVID-19 About Your Customers and How You Serve Them
There are many lessons business owners have learned about their customers’ behavior during the pandemic. The way you served them may be different than pre-pandemic. What worked and what did not?... more
- How Much of Your Business’s ‘New Normal’ Will You Retain Post-Pandemic?
Some of the changes your business implemented during COVID-19 may prove to be advantageous in the long-run, such as remote work, online offerings, and new marketing tactics.... more
- Keeping Everyone Safe While Gradually Reopening Businesses Closed Due to COVID-19
As businesses re-open gradually in some areas of the country, how will you keep your customers safe? If you are planning to reopen shortly, here are some suggestions to keep you and your clients safe.... more
- Tell Your Business’s Story with Videos and Attract New Customers on...
The practice of creating video content hosted on YouTube to promote your business’s offerings is referred to as video marketing.... more
- Business as “Un”usual: Maintaining Effective Workflow During COVID-19
Businesses are changing the way they do business during the crisis. Here are some examples of changes helping to maintain effective workflow.... more
- Payment Processing Review: Are You Getting Enough Bang for Your Bucks?
Is your payment processing service serving you and your customers? Learn what you need to keep in mind to determine if your present payment processing service is appropriate for your business needs.... more
- Avoid Being One of These 4 Types of Ineffective Bosses
Each manager had her own management style. Learn to be an effective manager to avoid being one of these 4 types!... more
- Ways Your Business Can Shine, Even During Unprecedented Times
During COVID-19 crisis, be willing to discover the ways in which your business can be of service utilizing the resources at its disposal. How your business conducted itself will matter to customers... more
- Is Your Business’s Pricing Appropriate?
An appropriate price for products and services factors in your costs and maximizes your margins while remaining attractive to customers.... more
- Could - and Should - Your Small Business Appear Bigger Than...
Bigger businesses naturally attract more prospects, but you can look bigger than you really are. Here are some tips to make your small business look bigger.... more
- To Raise or Not to Raise: Determining When Employees Deserve Additional...
Employers should review employee work performance and compensation on a regular basis. Here are some factors to consider when giving out raises.... more
- Why Employee Happiness Matters and 5 Keys to Foster It in...
Happy employees are more productive and successful. Here are five ways to create and maintain a work environment that is fun and happy.... more
- Harnessing the Power of Intuition to Inform Your Business Decision-Making
See why and how your intuition is still valuable in running your business.... more
- Could a Payroll System Perfect Payroll for Your Small Business?
Managing payroll can be tough for small businesses. Here are some payroll solutions to pick from.... more
- Easy, Effective, Compliant Email Marketing for Your Business
An email marketing service is a cost-effective solution that can help your business grow.... more