Archive of Financial Articles
- CARES Act Tax Breaks for Small Businesses
The CARES Act contains many tax provisions impacting small businesses, including adding a new credit, delaying payment due dates, and modifying changes passed in the TCJA of 2017.... more
- The Possibility of Negative Interest Rates in the U.S.
If interest rates in the U.S. go into the negative range, what is the benefit and how might it be different than the European Experiment?... more
- Paycheck Protection Program Offers Lifeline to Small Businesses, Employees
Learn how the Paycheck Protection Program under the CARES Act can help your business during this crisis.... more
- Do You Need a Partner or Investor? Pros and Cons of...
When looking for financiers for your business, know the differences between partners and investors. Be aware of the benefits and pitfalls with each decision.... more
- Getting Your Business Ready for the Coronavirus Effect
Advice for your small business with dealing with the coronavirus outbreak.... more
- The Importance of the Sales Budget as a Business Management Tool
A sales budget shows how resources should be allocated to achieve forecasted sales. Without a sales budget, it would be difficult to forecast a profitable year.... more
- Setting and Managing Goals is Key to High-Performance Sales Results
Goal setting is one of the most important functions of sales management. Here you will learn the key principles to make it effective.... more
- For Small Business Owners: Better to be SAFE than SIMPLE?
Small business owners who want to save, have a Safe harbor option. Selecting investments that are safe rather than simple is usually the better option.... more
- Your Business Plan is Your Blueprint for Success
A Business Plan should illuminate your vision, mission, value and goals. Learn how to create a plan to do just that.... more
- In Search of the Right Financial Advisor
Asking the right questions can be the key to finding the right financial advisor for you. Here are some questions to ask both yourself and your advisor.... more
- I Make $150,000 a Year from My Business: How Much Should...
Knowing how much to invest begins with knowing how much to save. How much you save depends on your goals for the future, and calculating how much they will cost.... more
- Business Owners Face New Retirement Risks
Many business owners are facing new retirement risks that previous generations did not have to. Here are some risks to be aware of when planning for retirement.... more
- Having Clear Financial Goals is the Only Path to Financial Independence
Clearly defined goals, gives you more clarity in your financial decisions, allowing you to be able to develop sound investment strategies that target your goal. Here is some help in developing them.... more
- Business Owners as Real Estate Investors
You can have a very successful business but you don’t want that to be your only asset. A great investment is real estate. Learning how to properly find and manage properties will pay off in the long run.... more
- Give Back to Your Community and Watch Your Business Grow
A successful business recognizes their success is from their community. As a local business, you should want to give back to those who have helped you grow to the pount you’re at now.... more
- Best Ways to Get Fast Funding as a Small Business
A common need among small businesses is capital. No matter what it is used for, it is needed. As well as a reliable source is needed in-order to receive your funds. There are ways to get fast, reliable funding.... more
- Business Owners Need to Select the Best Financial Advisors
Financial security takes a lot of time, planning and knowledge. As a business owner, having a great financial advisor is important, especially when planning for retirement.... more
- The Planning Business Owners Must Do Before Selling Their Business
It is always a great accomplishment when growing a successful business. The trick is learning how to preserve your success. Working with trusted advisors and lots of thought, you can get together a proper. Wealth management plan.... more
- What Are You Going To Do in Retirement?
Some business owners believe they will work forever. When you are this passionate about your business, it can be hard to imagine living life without it. Having a passion for something when you go into retirement can make the transition a lot smoother.... more
- Retirement Plan Options for the Self-Employed
When you are self-employed, retirement plans can seem daunting. However, it is very important you set one up and follow through. Starting as young as possible is the best solution.... more
- Accepting Credit Cards? 5 Questions to Ask When Choosing a Merchant...
As a small business you need to accept credit cards in order to compete with the big businesses. Choosing a merchant service provider can become overwhelming. Knowing what to ask and to look for when doing so is important.... more
- Financial Planning for Business Owners
Your financial future should mean something to you. Owning a business should not mean it takes away from building a stable future. Meeting with a financial planner and putting together a promising plan with strategies to keep you on track is important.... more
- Business vs. Personal Credit Report What’s the Difference?
Even though the purposes are similar, there is a difference between business and personal credit reports. Understanding the difference and how they’re used is important.... more
- Will You Be Financially Ready When You Want to Stop Working?
Even if you want to work forever, at some point it will come to an end. You want to be financially prepared for that day and it will take years and years of planning and budgeting!... more
- Estate Planning for Business Owners Under 40
It is very important to continue building your business and accumulating assets. Business owners often push aside estate planning until they are older in age. This can be a risky idea, you want to start planning as young as you can. You don’t just want a successful business, you want a success... more
- Are You Growing or Scaling Your Business? What’s the Difference and...
Knowing the difference between growing and scaling your business is critical. Working on a strategic level will give your business the advance it needs to stand out for the rest.... more
- Why Your Small Business Needs a Business Credit Card
All small businesses should have a business credit card, separate from their personal finances. It can be tricky to get one in the beginning, but that shouldn’t stop your from having a plan to separate personal with business.... more
- Should New Business Owners Leave their 401(K) Plan Behind?
Making any decisions regarding your retirement plan, needs a lot of attention and thought. Reviewing all of your options and variables will help guide you in the right direction.... more
- Rules to Follow When Borrowing Money For Your Business
With small business lending starting back up again, the financial crisis is coming to an end. There’s no better time than now to learn the new rules for borrowing money for your business. The biggest tip is to be prepared and ready to make decisions.... more
- Business Lines of Credit as a Cash Flow Solution
With the economy roaring back, you may be unsure of your cash flow. Opening a business line of credit may be a very smart move as a small business owner. By doing so, you have a financial back up plan.... more
- How to Get Approved for a Business Loan
At some point, most businesses need financing. Now would be your best bet to get approved and lower your overall financing costs. There are many types of business loans and with careful review, you can find yours today!... more
- Retirement Planning Mistake: Investing Too Conservatively
Saving for your retirement can be intimidating and stressful. With previous stock market crashes, it can make the stock market seem very daunting. Instead of fearing it, you should learn how to embrace it. Learning how to harness a risk the right way will make saving for your retirement a lot less s... more
- Ways to Limit Your Fiduciary Liability as a Plan Sponsor
If you offer a qualified retirement plan, you automatically become the plan’s fiduciary. With so many moving parts, things are bound to go wrong at some point. Learning about ways to limit your fiduciary liabilities, will be a huge asset.... more
- Building Business Credit
Once your business starts growing, you are going to need more capital. Staying one step ahead, building your credit before you are going to need it.... more
- Why Business Owners Should Never Stop Learning as They Get Older
In order to find true happiness, we need to reach total fulfillment. We, as individuals need to realize no matter how much information we know, there is always room for more. The more we learn, the more talents and skills we will uncover.... more
- Why It's Important to Know Your Business's Debt Capacity
Knowing your business's debt capacity is important if you want to be ready for the next opportunity. Meeting with a bank specialist will give you the advantage of knowing how to calculate your debt capacity at all times.... more
- Retirement Planning Mistakes - Not Proactively Planning for Taxes
Develop an income strategy that can effectively minimize your taxes and stretch your assets further into your retirement future.... more
- Is Your Business Credit Report Different than Your Personal Credit Report
Building a strong business credit history is essential if you want to gain access to capital when its needed, while limiting your personal liability.... more
- What is the Role of a Financial Planner?
A financial planner is there to help you meet your personal financial objectives.... more
- Protect Your Business and Your Family with a Business Continuation Plan
As a business owner, a business continuation plan should be put in place. By having this setup, your company can continue on how you might have envisioned it even after you are deceased.... more
- Business Owners Can Leave a Lasting Legacy with an Inherited IRA
As a business owner, considering IRAs should be something you do. The amazing thing about IRAs is that after death you can pass them down to a spouse or child. By doing so, you can make a lasting legacy, if done right.... more
- Retirement Plan Options to Get Business Owners on Track
Having a retirement plan is crucial in this day and age. As a business owner, learning all of the options and choosing the right plan is important for your future.... more
- Outsource or Hire? 5 Questions Business Owners Should Ask Themselves
A business becomes successful when they are able to make the right moves at the right time. Whether your business is small or large, making the move to employ outsourcing can become a huge growth strategy for your company.... more
- How Small Business Loans Can Advance Your Marketing Plan
An early stage of your business plan is having a marketing plan as well. So many things go into it, like financial sources, lenders and business line-of-credit. Learn how to get the most out of small business loans.... more
- Why Business Owners Can Not Measure Their Own Risk Tolerance
Better get another opinion. Trying to assess your own risk tolerance is like trying to assessing your own health. Emotions can skew your true assessment.... more
- Using a QLAC to Stretch Your RMDs and Protect Against Longevity
Retirement planning can be tricky. Check with a retirement specialist to see if a QLAC is right for you.... more
- For Broader Diversification, Consider Global Stocks
Broader may be better! Diversify your portfolio by adding some Global Stocks to the mix... more
- Business Owners: How to Maximize Your Social Security Benefits
Know how to maximize your Social Security benefits. Fizzling out too early can cost you thousands.... more
- Should You Pay Your Mortgage Off Before Retirement?
There is no straightforward answer when it comes to retirement and your mortgage. Every person’s situation is unique in its own way.... more
- Which Type of Investment Service is Best for Business Owners?
There are three types of investment management services when it comes to your business. Researching and learning all you can about each will make it easier to choose which one is best for you.... more
- Business Owners Should Not Overlook Disability Income Insurance
The risk of an average worker being unable to work do to a disability is four times greater than the risk of dying before 65. With that in mind, a business owner should have disability income insurance.... more
- Is Your Umbrella Liability Policy Leaving Your Assets Exposed?
Deciding between standard umbrella policies vs. specialized umbrella policies is an important thing to read up. Figuring out which one will work best and not leave any assets exposed is crucial.... more
- Tips for Growing Your Business in 2018
Running a business can be challenging. Being able to expand and watch your business grow can be a struggle. However, there are plenty of tips and tricks to help you through it.... more
- Growing Your Small Business: How to Manage Risk
As your business grows, so does your risk. Your risk management plan needs to be reviewed often so it can be updated as needed.... more
- Best Retirement Plan Options for Maximizing Tax Advantages
There are options when it comes to retirement plans. Learning which ones are best for you is something that should be researched and chosen carefully.... more
- Business Owner Strategies for Capital Preservation in Turbulent Times
While it is impossible to always know the direction the market is going to take, any directional change in the market is likely to be accompanied by volatility.... more
- Asset Protection: 5 Things You Probably Haven't Considered
A common problem is creditors coming after business owners who have acquired a lot of personal assets. Learning some things to better protect your assets is in your best interest.... more